In THE TIMES, young composers (10-20 years old) have their compositions performed by the professional musicians of HERMESensemble.
The sixteenth edition will take place on 3 March 2024. Registrations are open until 22 December.
- You are at least 10 years and maximum 20 years old.
- You are not enrolled at a Conservatoire or any other school of higher music education.
- Are you in part-time music education or taking music at a secondary school? Then you certainly can.
- You can attend all rehearsals and the concert at AMUZ.
Participating in THE TIMES is free of charge.
You write a composition of maximum 5 minutes. During rehearsals, your coaches will help you to further tweak your work.
These instruments are part of the instrumentation:
- Violin, Viola, Cello, Double bass (4 strings)
- Flute (or piccolo/alto/bass flute), Clarinet (or bass clarinet)
- Percussion [1 player: vibraphone, glockenspiel, toms, cymbals, gongs, krotales]
The composition must be an original one. Adaptations of existing compositions and harmony exercises are not allowed.
The composition style is a free choice, but make your music scores readable for the musicians. Make clear directions such as: tempi, dynamics, articulations, etc.
Read these tips for writing a music score for multiple instruments (PDF download)
Traditional music scores (with staves) are not compulsory. Neat and clear graphic music scores are also considered.
Please note that solo works will not be withheld. The widest possible use of the ensemble is encouraged.
|Saturday 27 january 2024||14:00 – 18:00||rehearsal||HERMESstudio (Wijnegem)|
|Sunday 28 January 2024||10:00 – 14:00||rehearsal||HERMESstudio (Wijnegem)|
|Sunday 25 February 2024||10:00 – 14:00||rehearsal||HERMESstudio (Wijnegem)|
|Sunday 3 March 2024||13:00 – 15:00||raccord||AMUZ (Antwerp)|
|Sunday 3 March 2024||15:00 – 16:00||concert||AMUZ (Antwerp)|
Register at the latest on
Friday December 22, 2023
Submit your score no later than Monday, 15 January 2024.
"*" indicates required fields